1. Professional Image is "the impression projected by a person engaged in any profession, consisting of outward appearance and conduct exhibited in the workplace."
2. Balance is an essential component of health because it is what allows you to promote and maintain health. It creates a healthy lifestyle, which in turn allows you to make the best decisions concerning your health.
3. Basic habits of personal hygiene include: Showering daily, keeping hair fresh, regular skin care, brushing and flossing, using breath fresheners as needed, using deodorant, washing hands as needed, being selective about wearing fragrances, and keeping nails trimmed and clean.
4. Good posture helps you look good and feel good. It also helps prevent some physical problems and promotes energy.
5. Characteristics of a healthy positive attitude include: Diplomacy, emotional stability, receptivity, sensitivity, values & goals, communication skills, discretion & confidentiality, and maintaining boundaries.
6. You can develop a strong work ethic by being thoughtful about how you approach each day, how you treat others, and how you support your employer's needs.
7. It is important to be a team player because it creates a work environment where everyone can be successful.
8. The best way to deal with an unhappy client is to view the situation as an opportunity to develop communication skills. Some coping techniques include: Counting to 10 and thinking before speaking, directing the situation to a higher authority if needed, and avoiding criticism.
9. Managing your time is important because it allows enough time to maintain a balanced healthy life, and because it is a major component of being professional.
10. Six ways to practice ethical behavior include: obtaining necessary credentials, maintaining integrity, knowing your boundaries, keeping client relationships professionally friendly, being honest & truthful, and being open to seeking consultation from more experienced people.
11. Ten life skills that can lead to success are: build self-esteem, visualize your success, build on your strengths, be kind to yourself, define success for yourself, practice new behaviors, keep your personal life separate from work, keep your energy up, respect others, and stay productive.
12. Setting goals is important to success because it maps out the journey to your success. Without goals you are just floating.
13. Some ways to manage your time include learning to prioritize, never taking on more than you can handle, using problem-solving techniques, planning dates with family & friends, and developing your own personal mission statement.