Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Everything we love, touches money. Whether or not we love money, we all need money to love us.
Everyone falls predominately under ONE category when it comes to the four "Money Types".
- Avoider/Dreamer -Spends, Would rather not think about the numbers, just hopes it all works out
- Saver/Protector - Won't spend on oneself, always saving for a rainy day, over worries
- Spender/Giver - Credit Card Debt, Loves to spoil themself and others, Rationalizes
- Martyr/Nurturer - Can't charge for ones own services but is willing to pay for others, loves bargains
Focus on it.
Give it order.
Give it lots of attention
Understanding your money type and how it affects your business is important to success.
- If you are an Avoider/Dreamer, Get out of your comfort zone and look at the numbers, find a support person or goal to hold you accountable.
- If you are a Saver/Protector, give yourself a mandatory allowance or special checking account. Spending the money you make will help you from burning out and resenting your job. Take a little pay off!
- If you are a Spender/Giver, Get a calendar and stick to it. Maintain structure in your finances. When you have it all in order, you will make more so that you can spend more.
- If you are a Martyr/Nurturer, be strong in not giving discounts. You are worth full price.
Focus on your income not your expenses.
Every month, take a lined piece of paper and number it for the days of the month. Each time you gain money from any source, write the amount on the line for that day. $50 here, $10 there, you will subconsciously start to fill in any of the empty lines (days of no income/revenue). You can earn money everyday, by focusing on income, we will get it.
Money does not land in chaos. Money loves order. Have a plan, be your best self and you will find yourself with endless wealth.
By applying these principals and giving money the attention it deserves, we will attract what it is that we want. Changing your "Money Voice", or voice in your head when thinking about money, will help you give the right attention to your needs and desires.
My new money voice:
"I am in control of what comes in and am smart with what goes out. I work smart to meet all of the needs of my family and business and have plenty leftover to save and share with those in need."
I loved this speaker, she was funny, energetic, and really got you thinking. She talked about what our "money type/voice" was. I couldn't really pinpoint exactly one that I was, but all of it was interesting and applied to my personal life and business spending. I am often denying myself things because I think "it should wait", or that "I will get it later". She said that these are filthy words, "will" was a no-no. And it is totally true. As business women, (and just people in general) we can't keep waiting. We need to earn the money we want, spend it the way we want, and get everything we want. She said when someone says I will, her response is when? I personally need to stop waiting and be aggressive and determined to get the things I want from life and my business. Excited to apply this awesome speakers points to my life so that 2013 can be even more awesome than it already has been!
My name is Courtney Nielsen, and I am an eyelash extension specialist. I am so excited to be starting this apprenticeship! I have been doing eyelash extensions for a couple years now but because of laws in the state of Utah I am furthering my studies so I can be legal and licensed. I am so excited to be able to offer many new things to my current clients and to gain new ones. I am of course nervous, mostly for the state tests that I will need to take but of course I also want to excel at what I do so my clients are pleased. I hope to gain more clients by offering more services and to gain great relationships that will last. Thanks for following me on this exciting journey! :)